Friday, April 12, 2013

Hello Everyone!

Morning All:

First things first, I wanted to let everyone know that the shop is back open on it's regular hours.  I am going to be sending an email blast out, so if you get this message twice, let me apologize beforehand.  Thankfully, tax season is almost over and I am very excited at the prospect of being able to go home while there is still light in the sky. 

For all those wonderful ladies at our Block of the Month meeting on the 30th of March, hello again!  I hope you all haven't had any problems and are looking forward to our next meeting the lasat Saturday of April.  During our BOM meeting, I had told ya'll I would be publishing a class schedule within the next week or so.  I was obviously being slightly overly optimistic....this tax season has swallowed me hook, line and sinker this year and I haven't even been at my sewing machine for more than an hour in the last going on four weeks.  I think withdrawal symptoms are setting in....... :)

Okay, I am moving both of the May classes back by one week...so the Five and Dime Quilt class will be Saturday, May 11th and the Tote bag class will be Saturday May 18th.  I promise to have prices, etc., up on the blog this weekend.  I also hope to have the picture of the Five and Dime Quilt top ready Sunday so I can post pictures. 

For the bag class on May 18th, due to time constraints and the process, I am going to have kits available for purchase for the class.  I think I am going precut the fabric and go ahead and put the batting on them so that when we get together, we will be able to work on the construction itself of the bag.  If anyone has any ideas other than this, please email me.  I am always open to suggestions.  If we don't go the kit route, it will probably be an all day class, especially for those who haven't done bag construction before. 

Also, Larry is well on the mend so the shop hours are back to normal. 

Ya'll have a good weekend, and I will talk to you soon!

Melissa (one of Sandra's Elves)

No comments:

Post a Comment