Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hello Again Everyone:

Having just emerged from the cocoon I call Tax Season, it was nice to find that the world still turns and I don't turn into a bat if I stick my head out in the daytime.  I mean to tell ya'll what, 13-15 hours a day for several weeks on end is enough to make you feel like a bat.

I was so excited to get to the shop last Saturday and see what had been going on while I was acting like a mushroom.  It is amazing how much creative energy you get just being around others who enjoy the same avocation as you. 

Sandra has been fielding questions from a few of our clients regarding if we were going to do another Block of the Month club this year.  We were very excited at the end of last year to realize that nine of the ten ladies who signed up had picked up all their blocks and were the happy recipients of their $30 gift certificate.  The even better news is that the 10th lady had not been well but has been in to see Sandra and hopefully will be able to finish it sometime this year.  Being our first Block of the Month club, it was a learning process for Sandra and I, and we will certainly take all your suggestions to heart.

Since most everyone bought at least some of the specialty rulers for our last Block of the Month, we want to be sure you are going to get your money's worth out of them.  We have decided to do another Eleanor Burns Block of the Month.  This one is called , "Quilt Blocks on American Barns".  It is a 70" square quilt, has five different barn blocks and eight additional pieced blocks.  I haven't seen anything like it recently, and neither had Sandra.  The quilt is based on Eleanor Burn's travels around the country on "Quilt Barn Tours"; looking at the different quilt blocks people had painted on their barns.  Of course, our barn blocks will also have miniature quilt blocks to replicate these barns from real life.  It is going to be a lot of fun, and certainly something different for most of us.

The primary colors in the quilt are going to be red, white and blue, with green, yellow and white accent fabrics and a little black.  We are going fabric shopping this Sunday, and will hopefully be able to acquire all the fabrics we need to begin piecing our store version of the quilt.  Since the colors are very patriotic, we would love to start this Block of the Month club around the 4th of July.  The sign up fee will be the same, $40 per person.  Again, if you make it to the end, we will give you a $30 store gift certificate to use on whatever you wish.  We will provide you with a cost per month just as soon as we are able.  In addition, I will start posting pictures as soon as we get some of the blocks completed.

I am so excited at the opportunity to renew old acquaintances after my tax enforced sabbatical.  I hope you have all been well and are enjoying this lovely spring weather.  For anyone who is interested, my version of the Tales of the First Ladies Block of the Month quilt is hanging up at the shop.  I did it in pastel shades and the centerpiece is totally different from the book.  I will post a picture as soon as I can remember to take one....

You all have a fabulous rest of the week, and I'll be posting more information soon.

Take care!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment