Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pictures & Moda Fabric

Hey Everyone!

Here are the pictures I have been promising FOREVER....sorry for the delay....wanted everyone to know that we only have four layer cakes and five or six charm square packs left of the Midwinter Reds....make sure if you want them to stop by real soon!  This picture is of a table runner Ms. Sandra made with the Midwinter Reds Line.  Excuse the picture quality as I stopped by her store at 6:00 a.m. one morning this week to take this picture.


We have four matching bolts of fabric from which this tablerunner was made...a gorgeous red tone on tone, a cocoa brown with red flowers, a cream with red flowers and the border print.  We also have two patterns designed by the fabric designers in the shop, one upon which this tablerunner was based.

I have three kits made up at the shop using this fabric, and if I remember correctly, two of them are full/queen sized and one is smaller, I believe.

Also wanted to show you the quilt I referenced in my last email, "Painted Ladies" by Fig Tree Quilts.  This quilt is made with one layer cake and fabric for sashings, cornerstones and outside border.




This quilt measures approximately 70 x 75ish....uses 30 layer cake squares for the butterflies.  You can easily make it bigger using all 42 layer cake squares for butterfly blocks...just increase the amount for sashings, cornerstones and outside borders.  We do have these patterns back in stock if you are interested.  I have one kit made up for this quilt this size (the fabrics are slightly different for sashings, cornerstones and outside border as the one pictured was made from my stash).

I sincerely believe we will have the rest of our Moda fabric in by the weekend, so stop by and see the other two collections, Wish You Were Here by Holly Taylor and Soho Chic by Sandy Gervais.  Wish You Were Here is a gorgeous line in autumnal tones including burgundy, green, cream, tans and blacks.  I have a quilt top made and am waiting for the bolts to arrive so I can finish it and post a picture.  We have received the bolts for Soho Chic and are waiting on the precuts (I am already looking for a pattern to use with  Soho Chic....cannot wait)!  This is a beautiful jewel-tone line in aqua blues, olive greens, soft creams, deep chocolates with a gorgeous floral along with a few geometric shapes....so EXCITED!

Also, don't forget we have gotten in several new patterns, including new precut patterns for those of us who can't get enough of the precuts...

Hope you all have a safe and WARM rest of your week (29...in October...BRRRRRRRRR) and I'll see you down at the shop!

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Have u had time to post pictures of the Tales of the First Ladies Block fabrics ? I will be there tomorrow but was just looking to see if I could find the pictures.
    Happy Sewing
    Pat

    ReplyDelete