Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hellos From Houston

Morning Everyone:

Sorry it has taken me so long to post....I seem to be a computer imbecile and cannot get the WiFi hooked up in my room, even though I brought I my laptop.  Oh well, that slight unhappiness has been overshadowed by the truly unbelievable event that is Quilt Market.  It is overwhelming in the extreme, interesting to see all the new gadgets and fabrics that are coming out, including patterns, books, fabrics, notions, etc..and is quite exhausting to boot...

Sandra and I had a class with Penny Haren yesterday morning, the author of Pieced Applique....she has pioneered a way to make heirloom quality quilts easier by piecing applique over pieced blocks.  Stunning quilts to be sure....

This morning at 8:00 a.m., we are going to a class with the Grand Dame of quilting, Ms. Eleanor Burns.  We saw her at Sample Spree Friday night...she was so kind and sweet.  We are excited to hear her lecture on her new book of quilts, First Ladies Quilts. 

I was lucky enough to meet Lynn Hagemeier from Kansas Trouble Quilts yesterday and I bought her latest book of patterns and a new ruler set she is going to have out after the first of the year.  I also bought three books and ruler sets for the store, so they will be available sometime next week.  She has a new line of fabric debuting called Pleasant Hill and it is as gorgeous as every line they have made....The new book has patterns for layer cakes, charm squares and mini-charm squares, and you know how I love precuts.

I will be posting pictures as soon as I can when I get home.  I apologize for not being able to do so while we are here, but as my husband (aka my computer geek) says, "Users, what do you do with them???"..

Talk to ya'll soon.

Melissa (one of Sandra's Elves)



No comments:

Post a Comment